The Bitminer is an extremely dangerous computer worm that is classified as an adware infection. The Bitminer adware program is specifically designed to infect the computers using windows operating system, and can be extremely harmful for the overall security of the system. It can remove your important system files, change the default system settings, disables the antivirus program, and disables important system utilities including task manager as well as registry editor. You will found that a new browser automatically appeared whenever you try to open a website. Apart from that, whenever you are connected to internet, there will be hundreds of annoying pop-up ads automatically run on the screen of your system. All such destructive activities makes it impossible for you to work on the system freely, and you will be unable to perform your daily routine tasks. Apart from that, you will also notice a huge slowdown in the speed of the system, and overall performance also decreased considerably. The system freezes and crashes appear more frequently in the presence of this lethal adware parasite.
Removal of Bitminer
The Bitminer is a nasty adware infection that is required to be removed quickly from the system to minimize the damage. There are some automatic tools available in this regard to get rid of this nasty worm; however, you can also try to remove this virus manually by executing the following set of instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the system in order to access the boot options menu by pressing the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Select the Safe Mode option, and press the enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step, you are required to remove the associated processes of the Bitminer adware program. Open the windows task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. After accessing the task manager, you have to select the Processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background of your PC. You have to get rid of the following processes before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to locate and remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to clean the windows registry by removing the suspicious entries. In this regard, open the registry editor by by executing the RegEdit.exe command through Run option available in the Start Menu. Remove the following associated entries of the Bitminer, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bitminer\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bitminer\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bitminer\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bitminer\DisplayName Bitminer
Restart the system in the normal mode to see the success or failure of the manual removal efforts, and run a complete system scan from the main interface of your current antivirus program to remove the infections caused by this virus.