The Bitlord Toolbar is a toolbar infection that always sneaks in your browser without your permission. The Bitlord Toolbar is actually an unwanted toolbar that can infect all types of browsers, including the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and many more. It presents itself as a helpful toolbar that actually helps you in various applications such as simultaneous downloads, disk cache, chatting, port mapping, and speed limit, but in reality, this is a dangerous application that creates a number of issues in your system. Once installed, it starts tracking your browsing habits, and also attempts to change the startup page of your browser. It also records your search queries, and then send targeted pop-up ads according to your search terms.
Removal of Bitlord Toolbar
The Bitlord Toolbar is an extremely dangerous toolbar infection that can make your system completely useless. Once this infection arrives in the system, you need to remove it in a way that it will never return back. The automatic removal in this regard is easy and fast. On the other hand, the manual removal of this toolbar is also possible. The instructions for the manual removal process are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the steps of the manual removal, you have to access the safe mode. Restart the computer, and access the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode option, and press the Enter key once you are able to see the list of boot options on your screen.
End the Malicious Processes
Remove the associated processes of the Bitlord Toolbar in the next step of this process. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and click on the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see all the processes running in the background of your system. You have to remove the following associated processes of the Bitlord Toolbar: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Access the system files folder by using the file explorer, and get rid of the following suspicious files by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Bitlord Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Bitlord Toolbar\Bitlord Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Clean the windows registry to complete this complicated process of manual removal. In this regard, click on the start menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box to open the registry editor. With the help of the registry editor, you have to eradicate the following malicious entries related to this dangerous toolbar, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bitlord Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bitlord Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bitlord Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bitlord Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bitlord Toolbar\DisplayName Bitlord Toolbar
Restart the system in the normal mode to check the result of your manual removal efforts. Run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus program.