The Bflix Toolbar is a malicious application classified as a toolbar that also acts as a browser hijacker. This nasty toolbar can install automatically in your default browser, including the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Safari. It installed as a browser extension, and once it sneaks in your browser, it performs several changes in the settings without your consent. Once this virus infiltrates in the system, it allows the hackers to access the infected system remotely, and perform harmful activities.The hackers use this illegal access to steal your private information including the credit card numbers, online banking details, and passwords. This malicious toolbar is also responsible for displaying annoying pop-up messages in the bulk quantity. These pop-up ads are related to fake warnings, deceptive advertising, and keep diverting you towards phishing websites. You will notice that the speed of your browser is reduced considerably, and you are unable to open the websites of your choice. Most of the resources installed on your CPU are consumed by this toolbar which causes frequent system crashes.
Removal of Bflix Toolbar
Once it is confirmed that the Bflix Toolbar invades your system, you need to protect the system by removing this infection as quickly as possible. There are some reliable automatic tools available to get rid of this toolbar infection. Apart from that, you can also remove this infection manually, as per the following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you need to access the safe mode on the infected PC so that you can start the removal of this virus manually. Reboot the PC, and access the boot options screen by pressing the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode option from the boot options menu, before hitting the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step, you have to get rid of the associated processes of the Bflix Toolbar. Access the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window. Find, and delete the following associated processes of this toolbar infection, and close the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder and remove the following suspicious files associated with the Bflix Toolbar by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Bflix Toolbars.lnk
- %Programs%\Bflix Toolbars\Bflix Toolbars.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by executing the RegEdit command through the Run option on the Start Menu. When you are able to access the registry editor, you need to remove the following corrupt entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bflix Toolbars\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bflix Toolbars
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bflix Toolbars\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bflix Toolbars\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bflix Toolbars\DisplayName Bflix Toolbars
Restart the system in the normal mode to see the success of your manual removal efforts. You are also required to run a complete system scan through an updated version of your antivirus.