The BetterMarkit ads is a malicious adware application that is installed on any windows based computers as a browser extension. This dangerous adware can be installed on all the browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Mostly, this adware arrives in the system when you try to download a software from the web, updating your video player, download managers, PDF creators, and watching live video streaming. Few common objectives of the BetterMarkit ads are, generate traffic on the low ranked websites, generate sales leads, display deceptive pop-up ads, and make money through pay per click programs. This dangerous adware eats most of the resources installed on the system due to which not only the speed of the computer affected badly, but it also creates issues like system crashes, and screen freezes. You will also notice that the task manager, and registry editors are completely inaccessible.
Removal of BetterMarkit ads
After confirming the presence of the BetterMarkit ads inside the system, you have to drop whatever you are doing, and remove this virus completely. There are some effective tools available to get rid of this computer worm automatically, within just a few minutes. The manual removal process is extremely difficult, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the steps of the manual removal, you have to start the computer in the safe mode. Reboot the PC to terminate the normal mode, and while the system is restarted, keep hitting the F8 key to access the boot options screen. Select the safe mode option from the list before pressing the Enter key to open the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager, by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background of your computer. Remove the following associated processes of this adware infection before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After getting rid of the associated processes, you have to remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder on your local drive:-
- %Desktopdir%\BetterMarkit ads.lnk
- %Programs%\BetterMarkit ads\BetterMarkit ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, do not forget to clean the windows registry by removing the corrupt entries. The registry editor can be accessed by Selecting the Run option from the start menu, and type “regedit” before pressing the OK button. As soon as the registry editor is accessed, you have to get rid of the following supported entries of the BetterMarkit ads:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BetterMarkit ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BetterMarkit ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BetterMarkit ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BetterMarkit ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BetterMarkit ads\DisplayName BetterMarkit ads
Reboot the system in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus.