The BetterMarkit is a malware infection that is classified as a hazardous adware infection that can be destructive for your data, and resources. This adware always installed on your default browser, and it is capable of taking over all types of web browsers including the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. Once installed, it starts showing the pop-up messages to disturb your surfing sessions. The BetterMarkit also redirects your searches towards unknown places due to which you are unable to open your desired sites. It blocks your access to security related websites, disables your firewall, modify the windows registry, and disable the task manager. You will also notice that the home page, default search provider, and background is changed without your consent. The hackers try to access your valuable private information by using this adware. This information can be your credit card numbers, emails, passwords, browsing history, and bank account details. The speed of your computer also degrades gradually because of the presence of this infection.
Removal of BetterMarkit
The BetterMarkit adware program is a dangerous infection that can make your system completely useless, and required to be removed effectively. The automatic removal of this adware infection is extremely easy, and recommended for the basic level users. On the other hand, the manual removal process is difficult, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Access the system in the safe mode before proceeding with the manual removal method. Restart the computer to terminate the normal mode, and access the boot options screen by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Once the boot options are accessed, select the Safe Mode, and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you start operating the system in the safe mode, you have to access the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab where you can see all the processes running in the background of your system. End the following corrupt processes, and close the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the associated processes, you have to remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Get rid of the malicious entries from the registry section in the final step of this process. In this regard, access the registry editor through the Run option on the Start Menu, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the “OK” button. Get rid of the following associated entries of the BetterMarkit, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BetterMarkit\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BetterMarkit\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BetterMarkit\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BetterMarkit\DisplayName BetterMarkit
Check if the adware is removed successfully by restarting the computer in the normal mode. Run the complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus.