How to Remove Bestsearchforever.biz ?
The Bestsearchforever.biz is one of the most complicated browser hijackers of the recent times that enters in thousands of the windows based computers recently and cause severe damage. This tricky browser hijacker can infect all the popular browsers including the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. This malicious application is used by the cyber criminals for the paid advertisement campaigns. Once installed, the Bestsearchforever.biz alters the important browser settings in the default browser of your computer. Once it takes the complete control of your browser and browsing activities, it starts redirecting all your searches towards unknown websites, and every time you try to browse anything, you will be landed at an unwanted place where you are encouraged to buy fake products from the unknown suppliers. Besides that, this malicious application can also modify the windows registry and remove some of the crucial system files without the permission of the users. Often this Trojan infection used by the cyber crooks to steal the important personal and financial information about the users to take their money away.
The Manual Removal of Bestsearchforever.biz
Once the presence of the Bestsearchforever.biz is confirmed in your system, you have to delete this virus completely either by using any reliable automatic removal tool or manually. The manual removal of this virus has been possible yet very complicated process; therefore, it is only recommended for the experienced computer users. The details of the manual removal method are detailed below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the computer to end the normal mode of operation. While the system is restarted, use the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. Select the safe mode and press the enter key to restart the system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once you are able to start the system in the safe mode, you can proceed to remove the malicious processes attached to this virus. This can be done by accessing the task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete buttons available on the keyboard. Once the task manager is accessed, you can see the list of all the running processes in your system under the processes tab. You have to remove the following malicious processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Open the system files folder, and remove the following corrupt files considered as associated with the Bestsearchforever.biz :-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan FakeAlert.BI.lnk
- %Programs%\Trojan FakeAlert.BI\Trojan FakeAlert.BI.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last step of the manual removal process is removing the modification as well as additions in the windows registry. You can do this by accessing the registry editor by clicking on the Start menu, select Run, and type Regedit. Remove the following suspicious entries once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan FakeAlert.BI\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan FakeAlert.BI
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan FakeAlert.BI\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan FakeAlert.BI\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan FakeAlert.BI\DisplayName Trojan FakeAlert.BI
Restart the system in the normal mode and run a complete system scan through your existing antivirus program.