The BeepieBear is a nasty computer infection that acts just like any other annoying adware program. This malicious application sneaks in the computers without giving prior information, and keep performing its harmful activities by remaining in the background. This dangerous adware distributed through removable storage devices, executable codes, hacked websites, and spam email attachments. The BeepieBear adware program is capable of redirecting you towards unknown websites, and it gains the complete control of your browser after changing the default settings. This nasty adware can infect browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox. Once entered in the system, it immediately disables the antivirus, and windows firewall to open the backdoor for additional parasites. Most of the pop-up ads shown by this application are designed wisely in a way that users start believing what is written in the ads. The BeepieBear is a tool for the hackers who uses the deceptive marketing strategy to promote their products and services.
Removal of BeepieBear
When it becomes obvious that the BeepieBear is available in the computer, you have to protect your system by deleting this nasty adware program immediately. For the novice or average computer user, it is necessary to take the help of any reliable automatic removal tool. The manual removal method is also available for the experienced computer users which can be carried out as per following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Start the manual removal process of the after accessing the safe mode operation on your PC. Select the restart from the start menu, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to gain the access of the boot options menu. Choose the Safe Mode option from the boot options menu, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed, you have to start the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the processes tab and remove the following associated processes of the BeepieBear adware infection before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
The next step is removal of the associated data. Following are the files that you required to remove from the system files folder at your earliest:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last but not least, you have to delete the malicious entries created by the BeepieBear adware program in the windows registry. Open the registry editor by clicking on the Start Menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following suspicious entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BeepieBear\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BeepieBear\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BeepieBear\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BeepieBear\DisplayName BeepieBear
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to see if the virus is removed successfully or still available. Run a complete system scan after updating your current antivirus software.