The Beastlyrics is a dangerous computer worm classified as an adware that attacks the computers without notifying the users. This malicious application directly attacks the system files to make your computer completely useless. The Beastlyrics attacks the system through spam emails, clicking on the corrupt links, p2p sharing, and removable storage devices. This malicious application changes the windows firewall, and disable the antivirus to open the door for the additional threats. You will receive tons of the annoying pop-up ads that can disturb your routine work. The hackers use this virus as a tool to access the sensitive details regarding financial information of the user, and transfer these details to the cyber criminals who use it in the online frauds and cyber crimes. Besides above mentioned things, this dangerous computer worm occupies most of the resources installed on your system, and makes your system extremely slow in responding. You will also experience the regular system crashes as well as the screen freezes because of the Beastlyrics adware infection.
The Manual Removal of Beastlyrics
After confirming the presence of the Beastlyrics infection, you have to find out an effective way to get rid of this infection. You can do this either selecting any reliable automatic removal tool, or by using the manual removal method which is extremely difficult for the novice users. The manual removal instructions are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can start the manual removal process of the Beastlyrics virus once you are able to access the safe mode operation on your computer. In this regard, restart the machine, and use the F8 to to open the boot options menu. Select the safe mode option from the list of and hit the Enter key to start the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the “Processes” tab in the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background of your PC. Kill the following malicious processes associated with the Beastlyrics adware infection and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the associated process, it is time to delete the associated data. Open the system files folder, and get rid of the following associated files of the Beastlyrics:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The most important step of this whole process is the removal of the malicious entries from the windows registry. Run the “regedit” command through the start menu in order to access the registry editor. Remove the following corrupt entries associated with the Beastlyrics infection as quickly as possible:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Beastlyrics\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Beastlyrics\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Beastlyrics\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Beastlyrics\DisplayName Beastlyrics
Do not forget to restart the computer in the normal mode to see the result of your efforts after closing the registry editor.