The Beamrise Search virus is a recently discovered computer parasite that falls in the category of the browser hijacker viruses. This malicious application is entered in the computer without the consent of the user, and through freeware, social media links, and removable storage devices. Once installed, the Beamrise Search immediately changes the critical settings in your computer which include the default search engine, home page, and desktop background. This tricky browser hijacker has the ability to hijack your browser in a way that you are not able to search anything. Whenever you try to search anything, you will be redirected towards websites where you are encouraged to buy a certain type of affiliate products. Besides that, this malici0ous virus also runs annoying pop-up ads on the screen of your computer, and degrade the speed as well as overall performance of the infected computer.
The Manual Removal of Beamrise Search
As soon as this virus attacks your PC, you need to think about how to get rid of this malicious application. The Beamrise Search can be deleted either by using any reliable automatic removal tool or by following the manual removal process that is only recommended for the advance level computer users. The manual removal process is detailed below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart your computer and access the boot options with the help of F8 key. Once you are able to access the list of boot options on the screen, you have to select the safe mode option and hit the enter key to boot the infected computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
The next thing is the removal of the associated processes of this browser hijacker virus. In this regard, you have to open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and select the process tab to see the list of all the running processes on your computer. You have to locate and delete the following malicious processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Open the file explorer, and delete following associated files from the system files folder
- %Desktopdir%\Beamrise Search virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Beamrise Search virus\Beamrise Search virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to clean the windows registry by removing the malicious entries from the registry section. Click on the Start button, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box before pressing the enter key to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to look for the following corrupt entries from the windows registry and delete them quickly:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Beamrise Search virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Beamrise Search virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Beamrise Search virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Beamrise Search virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Beamrise Search virus\DisplayName Beamrise Search virus
After removing the above mentioned entries, close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode. Update your existing anti virus program to run a system scan on the PC.