The Badboy virus is a serious threat that can make your computer absolutely useless if not removed in time. The Badboy virus invades the windows platforms without the consent of the user, and hides itself deep in the roots of the sensitive system files. Once installed, this malicious application alters the windows registry, modify most of the system settings, disable the antivirus software, and limit your access to the system utilities. Besides that, the Badboy virus is capable of decreasing the efficiency of the system, and you will see more frequent operating system crashes without any reason. This dangerous computer parasite can harm your system in many different ways. It not only destroys the important system files, but also badly affects the speed of the computer.
The Manual Removal of Badboy virus
Once your system becomes the victim of the Badboy virus, you must think how to delete this infection quickly. You can remove the Badboy virus by choosing any automatic removal tool easily, and within just a few clicks of your mouse. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available that is a bit too much for the basic level computer users. The steps involved in the manual removal are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before start manual removal of the Badboy virus, you must boot the system in the safe mode. Restart the computer, and press the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options. Once you can see the list of boot options, you have to select the safe mode option before hitting the enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is started, you have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. There is a list of all the running processes available under the processes tab in the task manager. You have to delete the following associated processes of the Badboy virus infection one by one through the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Delete the following associated files of the Badboy virus from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last but not least, you have to remove the malicious entries from the windows registry. Start the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select “Run”, and write “regedit.exe” before pressing the “OK” button. Delete the following entries once you are able to start the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Badboy\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Badboy\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Badboy\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Badboy\DisplayName Badboy
Close the registry editor to restart the system in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal method. Run a complete system scan after updating the current antivirus application to remove the infections caused by this lethal computer infection.