The BadBIOS virus is a lethal computer infection that is classified as a Trojan horse that is considered as extremely dangerous, and can make your system completely useless. This malicious application enters in the system secretly and perform a number of suspicious activities to access the personal information of the user which is being used in the online frauds. This virus mostly spread through a network of computer as it enters easily from one system to other systems connected to the same network. The BadBIOS virus uses the recording of the keystrokes to know the online as well as offline activities of the users. After collecting the sensitive details of the user, this application sent the information to the notorious hackers who use this information for the purpose of making money through illegal and unethical ways. Once installed, this lethal Trojan horse can infect most of the components of your system, and can damage the system resources.
The Manual Removal of BadBIOS virus
Once you realized that the system is compromised to the BadBIOS virus, you have to find an effective method to get rid of this dangerous Trojan infection. You can remove it manually as well as by using any automatic removal tool. The manual removal method of the BadBIOS virus is a bit complicated and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to boot the computer in the safe mode before start removing the BadBIOS virus. In this regard, you have to restart the system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu when the system is restarted. Select the safe mode option from the list of boot options and hit the enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed, you can start the actual manual removal of the BadBIOS virus. First of all you have to kill the associated processes of this Trojan infection. Open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and select the Processes tab once you are able to see the windows task manager. Remove the following malicious processes and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following suspicious files associated with the BadBIOS virus from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\BadBIOS virus.lnk
- %Programs%\BadBIOS virus\BadBIOS virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to remove the modifications made by this malicious application in the windows registry. Select the start menu, click Run, and type Regedit in the box to start the registry editor. Once you are able to see the registry editor, remove the following suspicious entries and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BadBIOS virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BadBIOS virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BadBIOS virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BadBIOS virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BadBIOS virus\DisplayName BadBIOS virus
Restart the PC in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus program to complete the manual removal process.