The Backdoor:Win32/Ursap is a deadly dangerous Trojan infection that has recently infected huge number of windows platforms all over the world. This malicious application can infect all the versions of the windows operating system, and invades the system without providing any kind of prior information. The Backdoor:Win32/Ursap is an extremely dangerous Trojan infection that can damage the registry section of your windows operating system, and can remove most sensitive system files without your permission. This virus distributes through infected computers on same network, downloading freeware from unknown websites, and visiting malicious web pages. The Backdoor:Win32/Ursap virus performs a number of harmful activities inside the system, and brings huge traffic on the infected PC which utilizes most of the system resources. This malicious application stops you from accessing the executable programs, and system crashes too often without any reason.
The Manual Removal of Backdoor:Win32/Ursap
Once it is obvious that your PC is compromised to the Backdoor:Win32/Ursap virus, you have to remove this virus either using any automatic removal tool, or by following the complicated instructions of the manual removal. The manual removal process is only recommended for the advanced level users. Following are the steps used in the manual removal process:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Reboot the system in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode of operation. In this regard, you have to restart the PC, and access the boot options list with the help of the F8 key. Once you can see the list of boot options, you have to select the safe mode option from the list before pressing the Enter key which will boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After starting the system in the safe mode, you have to end the malicious processes associated with this virus. To access the windows task manager you need to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and once the task manager window is accessed, select the process tab where you have to remove the following associated processes of this malicious application before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to open the file explorer and access the system files folder to remove the following files by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To access the registry editor you have to open the start menu, select Run, and type regedit.exe in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to find as well as remove the following malicious entries made by this virus, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor:Win32/Ursap\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor:Win32/Ursap\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor:Win32/Ursap\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor:Win32/Ursap\DisplayName Backdoor:Win32/Ursap
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see the level of success of the manual removal efforts. You also need to update the antivirus, and run a complete system scan to complete the manual removal process.