The Backdoor:Win32/Lamin.A is another variation of Trojan horse viruses that enters in the systems without the knowledge of the user, and remain resident for a longer period of time. The Backdoor:Win32/Lamin.A spreads through visiting the infected links, p2p sharing, spam emails, and social media links. This malicious Trojan can easily bypass the latest and most powerful antivirus program,and always run in the background to cause damage to the files as well as the resources of the computer. This dangerous application is used by the cyber crooks to steal the personal information from the targeted computers. This information may include the credit card numbers, names, personal details, emails, passwords, and other confidential details. When this virus enters into your system, the overall performance of the computer reduced and the speed of browsing also badly affected. Besides that you will also experience the frequent system crashes and freezes because of this deadly dangerous Trojan infection.
The Manual Removal of Backdoor:Win32/Lamin.A
Once the Backdoor:Win32/Lamin.A enters in the system, you are required to remove this malicious application without wasting any kind of time. The reliable automatic removal tools are available through which you can get rid of this Trojan infection easily within just a few clicks of the mouse. However, if you like to remove this infection manually, you can try the manual removal method as described below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before starting removal of this virus, you have to reboot the infected computer in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode. Restart the system and with the help of F8 key access the boot options where you have to select the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, now you can remove the corrupt processes associated with the Backdoor:Win32/Lamin.A. In this regard, you have to open the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window appears on the screen, click on the processes tab, and remove the following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After that, you have to remove the malicious files related to this Trojan application. Following are some of the suspicious files that you need to deleted as quickly as possible.
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are also required to remove the malicious entries modified in the windows registry by the Backdoor:Win32/Lamin.A. To access the registry editor, you have to click on the start menu, select “run”, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the enter. Remove the following entries once you are able to access the registry editor. After removing these entries, you have to close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor:Win32/Lamin.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor:Win32/Lamin.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor:Win32/Lamin.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor:Win32/Lamin.A\DisplayName Backdoor:Win32/Lamin.A
Run a complete system scan after updating the existing antivirus program.