The Backdoor.Tranwos is a dangerous virus categorized as a backdoor infection, and can make your system absolutely useless. Once installed, this malicious application can disable your task manager, and also create some corrupt entries in the windows registry. This malicious application is spread through p2p sharing, compromised websites, removable devices, and most commonly from the spam email attachments. Besides your antivirus this also disable your windows firewall, and changes the privacy setting in your computer completely. By changing your security settings, the Backdoor.Tranwos also open backdoor for the additional threats. This virus is developed by the cyber criminals basically to access into the targeted computers remotely, and steal the data such as credit card details, bank account credentials, and passwords. However, some of the hackers also use this application for other illegal purposes such as generating traffic on the low quality websites or making commissions by selling affiliate products.
The Manual Removal of Backdoor.Tranwos
Once the Backdoor. Tranwos is entered in the computer, you need to remove it effectively. You can remove this malicious application manually as well as automatically. Keep in mind that the manual removal method is not easy for the novice and basic level users. The manual removal process is detailed below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
The first step of this long and complicated manual removal process is to reboot the infected computer. When the system restarts, you should use the F8 key to see the boot options where you have to select the safe mode and hit the Enter key to restart your system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
The next step of this process is the removal of the malicious processes associated with this threat. You have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and once the task manager is accessed, choose the processes tab where you can see the list of running processes on your computer. You need to remove the following processes from the list one by one:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
The next step of the manual removal method is removing the following suspicious files by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Backdoor.Tranwos .lnk
- %Programs%\Backdoor.Tranwos \Backdoor.Tranwos .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to reverse the modification made by this malicious application in the windows registry by using the registry editor. The registry editor can be accessed easily with the help of “RegEdit” command that can be executed through “Run” option available in the start menu. Once you are able to access the registry editor, you have to delete the following suspicious entries, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Tranwos \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Tranwos \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Tranwos \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Tranwos \DisplayName Backdoor.Tranwos
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to check how effectively you have removed the virus. Update your existing anti virus program to run a system scan on the PC.