The Backdoor.Ratenjay is a malicious application that is categorized as a backdoor parasite, and often sneaks in the windows based computers without the consent of the users. This dangerous Trojan horse virus is capable of making your system completely unresponsive once installed completely in your computer. Once installed, it immediately modifies the system settings, creates startup keys in the windows registry, and disables the antivirus program to open backdoor for the additional parasites. The Backdoor.Ratenjay can delete your important system files, and data files, or modify them to give remote access of the system to the notorious hackers. The main purpose of this malicious application is to steal the personal confidential data of the user in order to use it for the criminal purposes to steal your money. Besides that, the Backdoor.Ratenjay eat most of the computer resources, and resultantly, you will see that the system starts running weirdly. The browsing also becomes extremely slow because of this virus.
The Manual Removal of Backdoor.Ratenjay
After confirming the presence of the Backdoor.Ratenjay in your system, you have to remove it without wasting any time. There are two options available regarding the removal of this malicious Trojan horse. You can use any powerful automatic tool to delete this stubborn backdoor virus, or if you are comfortable enough, you can delete this virus manually. Both methods have their own advantages and disadvantages. The manual removal process is described below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
You have to start your system in the safe mode to proceed the manual removal method. This can be done easily by restarting the system and use F8 key repeatedly during the restart take place to see the boot options. Select the safe mode from the list of available options and press the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
Access the task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and hit the process tab to see the list of running processes in the background of your computer. You have to identify and delete the malicious processes associated with this virus. In this regard, following are some of the suspicious processes that are required to be deleted:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Start the file explorer, and select the system files folder to remove the follo9wing files by using the delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the registry editor to reverse the modification made in the windows registry by the Backdoor.Ratenjay. You have to remove the following suspicious entries from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Ratenjay\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Ratenjay\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Ratenjay\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Ratenjay\DisplayName Backdoor.Ratenjay
After the removal of above mentioned entries completes, you have to close the registry editor. Restart the system in the normal mode and see you have removed the virus successfully or otherwise. Run a complete system scan after updating the antivirus software.