The Backdoor.Mevade is a malicious application belongs from the Trojan horse family of infections, and sneaks in the windows based computers secretly. The Backdoor.Mevade virus spreads through the spam email attachments, p2p sharing, visiting compromised websites, and social media links. Once isnatlled, the Backdoor.Mevade virus runs countless number of pop-up ads and errors messages on the screen which makes it impossible for you to perform your daily tasks. This malicious application changes most of the settings on your system without your permission including the internet settings, system files settings, and the DNS settings without the consent of the user. This dangerous Trojan horse is always comes along with the additional threats like malware, spyware, and redirect infections. This infection is used by the notorious hackers to generate the revenue through unethical methods like pay per click advertisingby modifying the search results. You will notice the drastic negative changes in the speed as well as overall efficiency of the system once this infection attacks the PC.
The Manual Removal of Backdoor.Mevade
After being the victim of the Backdoor.Mevade Trojan virus, you have to find a way of escape by removing this infection immediately. You have got a manual removal option as well as a number of automatic removal tools to remove this infection. Following are the instructions for the manual removal of the Backdoor.Mevade infection:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Terminate the normal mode by rebooting the system. Restart the infected PC and hit the F8 key repeatedly to get the access of the boot options menu. Once the boot options appears on the screen, you have to select the safe mode and press the Enter key to restart the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system started in the safe mode, you have to address the processes issue by deleting the corrupt associated processes of the Backdoor.Mevade virus. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager and select the processes tab in the windows task manager where you can see a list of processes running in the background of your computer. Find and delete the following associated processes of the Backdoor.Mevade infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following associated files of the Backdoor.Mevade Trojan virus from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this process is removing the modification made by the Backdoor.Mevade virus in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to Run the RegEdit.exe command through Start menu to open the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Mevade\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Mevade\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Mevade\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Mevade\DisplayName Backdoor.Mevade
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes. Run a complete system scan with an updated version of the current antivirus software.