The backdoor.matsnu.b is a malicious virus that comes under the category of backdoor Trojan infections. Once installed on any PC, it can make the system absolutely useless by damaging the resources as well as the data. The backdoor.matsnu.b enters in the system without the permission of the user when the user opens the spam email attachment or click on a malicious link on any compromised website. This dangerous weapon is used by the hackers to access the computer remotely and steal the confidential data of the user. Once installed, this Trojan virus makes your computer very slow by using the computer resources, and you will also experience the regular freezes as well as crashes. This malicious application has the ability to alter important system files, and remove the data from the infected machine. You are also unable to access the important programs in your system because of the malicious code of this virus. Besides that, this parasite can also open the backdoor for other malware, spyware and viruses by changing the security settings of your computer.
The Manual Removal of backdoor.matsnu.b
Once you feel that the virus enters into your system, you have to remove it after confirming its presence in your computer. You can delete this infection either by using any powerful automatic removal tool, or by following the complicated instructions of the manual removal method. We recommend the manual removal process to the IT professionals as it involved following complicated steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
You have to reboot the system, and use the F8 key to access the boot options. Once you are able to see the boot options, you have to choose the safe mode, and hit the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, you can think for the removal of malicious processes added by this application. The processes can be accessed by using the windows task manager. Under the processes tab of the windows task manager you can see the list of processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Open the file explorer, proceed with the system files folder, and delete the following suspicious files by using the delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to clean the windows registry by removing the malicious entries created by this infection. In this regard, You have to access the registry editor by using the “Regedit.exe” command that can be run through the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following suspicious entries from the list:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Matsnu.B\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Matsnu.B\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Matsnu.B\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Matsnu.B\DisplayName Backdoor.Matsnu.B
When these corrupt entries removed successfully, you are required to close the registry editor and restart the computer in the normal mode. Update the existing antivirus program before running a complete system scan.