The Backdoor.Kopdel virus is one of the most lethal backdoor infection of the recent times that is designed in a way that it can intentionally damage your system resources as well as important data files. Once the Backdoor.Kopdel infection is entered in the computer, it performs several malicious tasks without your permission. Though the main objective of this backdoor virus is stealing the crucial information of the user which may include the financial data, contact detail, browsing history, and shopping preferences but it is also capable of degrading the overall performance of the system and make it extremely slow. This malicious backdoor application provides access to your PC to the third party who can damage your most accessed data folders, and harm your system resources. Like any other dangerous backdoor virus, the Backdoor.Kopdel is also capable of bringing additional threats to your PC by changing the security settings, and disabling the antivirus software.
The Manual Removal of Backdoor.Kopdel
After confirming that your computer is under attack by Backdoor.Kopdel virus, you have to take immediate steps to get rid of this malicious application. You can do this with the help of any reliable automatic tool within a few seconds. However, there is a manual removal method available which is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process starts once you boot the system in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the computer and use the F8 key to access the boot options screen where you have to select the safe mode option before hitting the enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this long and complicated process is killing the associated processes by using the windows task manager. You have to access the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the processes tab in the task manager window where you can see the list of processes. You have to kill the following suspicious processes quickly:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next step is removal of the associated data. Open the system files folder, and delete the following suspicious files :-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To complete the manual removal process, you have to reverse the modification made by this infection in the windows registry. You can access the registry editor by opening the start menu, select Run option, and write RegEdit.exe in the box. Once the registry editor is visible on the screen, delete the following suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Kopdel\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Kopdel\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Kopdel\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Kopdel\DisplayName Backdoor.Kopdel
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of manual removal process after closing the registry editor. Run a complete system scan on the PC through an updated version of your current antivirus program.