The Backdoor.Jeetrat is a dangerous computer virus that belongs from the backdoor viruses, and enters in the windows based computers without the permission of the user. Once installed, this virus can degrade the overall performance of the infected system, and can cause permanent damage to your machine as well as data. This dangerous backdoor virus spread through the compromised web pages, freeware download, p2p sharing, and using removable storage devices. After getting itself installed on your system, it can make your system unresponsive as well as unstable. The degree of damage may vary from one system to another, but this malicious application is capable of making your system completely useless. This dangerous virus is developed with the help of advanced level coding; therefore, you cannot detect or remove it even with the powerful antivirus programs. The Backdoor.Jeetrat can also damage the boot sector of your hard drive, and changes all the critical settings on your system in order to hide itself deep in the roots of the system files. The hackers use this virus as a tool to control the computer remotely in order to steal the confidential data stored in the system.
The Manual Removal of Backdoor.Jeetrat
Once the presence of the Backdoor.Jeetrat is confirmed in your system, the next thing comes in your mind is how to get rid of this parasite. The professional users always prefer to delete this virus manually, but for the novice users there are some automatic removal tools available. Following are the detailed instructions to remove this virus manually:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Reboot the machine, and use the F8 key while restrating to access the boot options. Once you are able to see the boot options, you have to choose the safe mode, and hit the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
You are required to find as well as delete the suspecious processes created by this backdoor virus. These processes are available under the processes tab available in the windows task manager that can be accessed by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. You have to remove the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Following are some of the suspicious files required to be deleted from the system files folder quickly:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
It is extremely important to clean the windows registry by deleting the malicious entries created by this virus. In this regard, You have to access the registry editor by using the “Regedit.exe” command that can be run through the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following suspicious entries from the list:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Jeetrat\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Jeetrat\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Jeetrat\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Jeetrat\DisplayName Backdoor.Jeetrat
After removing the corrupt entries successfully, you are required to close the registry editor and restart the computer in the normal mode.