The Backdoor.Hugly is a malicious application that is categorized as a backdoor Trojan virus sneaks in the windows based systems secretly. This lethal backdoor parasite is actually a dual purpose tool for the hackers as it not only opens the backdoor for the additional threats, but also used to access your confidential data and use it to steal your money. This dangerous Trojan virus spreads through p2p sharing, visiting compromised web pages, and spam email campaigns. Once installed on any PC, the Backdoor.Hugly changes the windows firewall, disable the antivirus tools, and modify the privacy settings in your PC to make it extremely vulnerable to the various kinds of parasites. After settling down in the system, it creates modifications in the windows registry to start itself automatically, and remain resident in the system. This malicious application aimed to access the personal details such as bank account credentials, credit card data, passwords, and shopping preferences. Besides that, this Trojan infection also used to record your browsing history. All such information is being used by the cyber crooks in frauds and online crimes.
The Manual Removal of Backdoor.Hugly
You have to remove the Backdoor.Hugly immediately after discovering it on your computer in order control the level of damage. You have got the choice to remove it automatically or manually depending upon your experience as well as knowledge. The manual removal method is complicated and consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal process, you have to restart the infected computer, and use the F8 key to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options are accessed, you have to select the safe mode to boot your system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the system is booted in the safe mode, you can now delete the associated processes of this virus. You need to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and select the processes tab to see the list of running processes. From that available list, you have to delete the following suspicious processes before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After removing the malicious processes, you have to open the file explorer, select the system files folder, and delete following associated files of this virus:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To clean the windows registry you need to get rid of the suspicious entries from the windows registry. You have to access the registry editor by running the RegEdit command through the start menu, and after accessing the registry editor, you have to delete the following suspicious entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Hugly\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Hugly\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Hugly\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Hugly\DisplayName Backdoor.Hugly
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see the success of the manual removal process.