The Backdoor.Fexel is a malicious program that is categorized as a backdoor Trojan and spread through p2p sharing as well as spam email attachments. The Backdoor.Fexel attacks the windows based computers without providing any prior information and caused considerable damage to the system itself as well as the data stored on the computer. Besides stealing the confidential details of the selected users, this dangerous Trojan infection also tracks our online activities and use these details in the online frauds. Like all other backdoor infections, the Backdoor.Fexel virus immediately changes the security settings of the infected system after getting itself installed, and opens a secret backdoor for the additional threats. There are a number of variants available of this complicated backdoor application, and often it comes along with its variants. Once installed, this Trojan infection makes your computer slow, and it becomes almost impossible to perform any task on your PC as it takes too much time in loading files.
The Manual Removal of Backdoor.Fexel
Once the presence of the Backdoor.Fexel virus verified in the system, your ultimate goal becomes removal of this backdoor Trojan infection without. This can be done either manually, or with the help of any reliable automatic removal tool. The instructions for the manual removal process of this backdoor Trojan infection are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Reboot the computer in the safe mode by restarting it, and use the F8 key to access the boot options while the system is in restarting process. Once the options are visible on the screen of your system, you have to select the Safe Mode option, and press the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system starts operating in the safe mode, the next step of this complicated process is, removal of the associated processes of this infection. In this regard, you have to open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and click the processes tab to see the list of running processes in your system. Delete the following associated processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer and proceed towards the system files folder to remove the following suspicious files associated with the Backdoor.Fexel infection:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to clean the windows registry section to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by executing the RegEdit command through the Run option available in the Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following malicious entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Fexel\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Fexel\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Fexel\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Fexel\DisplayName Backdoor.Fexel
Restart the machine and run a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by this dangerous backdoor virus.