The Backdoor.Dozillor is a dangerous malware that can completely paralyze the system once it is able to invade the computer. This malicious application opens backdoor in your PC to give remote access to the hackers and developers of this nasty computer virus. There are many different ways through which this virus distributed such as opening the spam email attachment; visiting already compromised website, downloading freeware, and p2p sharing. This lethal backdoor infection is developed with the sophisticated coding that gives easy remote access to the cyber crooks that use that access to steal your most confidential financial details. Besides that, this infection also records your keystrokes, and monitors your browsing details. The Backdoor.Dozillor virus causes frequent system crashes as it removes some of the important system files and also makes your PC super slow due to which you are unable to perform your daily routine tasks.
The Manual Removal of Backdoor.Dozillor
Once it is obvious that the PC is under attack by the Backdoor.Dozillor virus, you have to find an effective defense that can delete this virus effectively. You can use automatic removal tools to delete this virus within just a few clicks of the mouse. The manual removal process is also available but only recommended for the advanced users. Following are the steps used in the manual removal process:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Terminate the normal mode by restarting the PC and use the F8 key while the system is being restarted to open the boot options menu. When the boot options are visible on the screen of your computer, you have to select the safe mode option from the list and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you are able to restart the PC in the safe mode successfully, you have to end the malicious processes associated with this virus. Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window is accessed, select the process tab where you have to remove the following associated processes of this malicious application before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following associated files of the Backdoor.Dozillor that are hidden deep in the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to access the registry editor by opening the start menu, select Run, and type regedit.exe in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to locate and delete the following malicious entries created by this virus, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Dozillor\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Dozillor\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Dozillor\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Dozillor\DisplayName Backdoor.Dozillor
Restart the infected system to check the effectiveness of the manual removal process. Do not forget to run a complete system scan through the updates version of any reliable antivirus program.