The Backdoor.Ceckno is a dangerous backdoor Trojan that is capable of change all the settings of your computer, and provides remote access to the online hackers. The main purpose of developing such a dangerous parasite is to steal the most confidential data from the infected computers. This data may include passwords, emails, browsing history, credit card numbers, bank account details, and shopping preferences of the users. This data then used by the online criminals for their ill motives, and caused financial loss to the users of the infected computers. The Backdoor.Ceckno has the capability of changing all the settings of the computers, and also able to remove sensitive system files due to which the operation of the computer severely affected. This dangerous backdoor virus spreads through spam emails, social media links, p2p sharing, and unsafe browsing.
How to Remove Backdoor.Ceckno manually?
When you come to know that your computer is compromised to the Backdoor.Ceckno, you need to remove it quickly. In order to remove this dangerous backdoor application, you can find any automatic removal tool; however, if you want to remove Backdoor.Ceckno manually, you have to follow the below mentioned instructions:-
Reboot the Computer in the Safe Mode
This malicious application can only be removed manually, when your computer runs in the safe mode. You have to restart the system, and select safe mode option from the list of options appeared on the screen when you use the F8 key while the computer is in restarting the process.
Delete the Malicious Processes
After getting started the system in the safe mode, you have to end the processes that are assumed as the associated with the Backdoor.Ceckno. You have to start the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and hit the processes tab to see the list of processes running in your computer. You have to end the following processes from that list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After getting rid of the processes, you have to delete the malicious files and folders related to the Backdoor.Ceckno. You need to browse to the following files, and delete them with the help of Delete key:-
Clean the Windows Registry
Once done with the above mentioned steps, the next is clean the windows registry. You have to open the windows registry editor by selecting start menu, and run option to write the regedit command in the box. Once the registry editor started, you have to find and delete the following keys to clean your registry from this malicious application:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Ceckno\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Ceckno\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Ceckno\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Ceckno\DisplayName Backdoor.Ceckno
After removing these corrupt registry keys successfully, you have to close the registry editor before restarting the machine in the normal mode. To avoid any future attacks from similar threats, you have to update your existing antivirus, and run a complete system scan to remove the infections.