The Backdoor.Bot is a recently discovered computer infection classified as a backdoor virus that is designed by the cyber crooks to hack the windows based computers in the different parts of the world. This nasty virus slips in the computer when you click on the spam email attachments, p2p sharing of files, perform unsafe browsing, and download free applications from unknown websites. Once this malicious application enters on any computer, it immediately disables all the security stuff installed on your computer. The Backdoor.Bot also modifies the windows registry, internet settings, DNS settings, system files, and windows firewall without your consent. This nasty backdoor infection opens the door for additional threats, and your computer becomes a junkyard of different kind of parasites. Your computer start crashing more frequently without any reason and it hijack your default browser. A large portion of the resources installed on your CPU are consumed by this nasty backdoor virus due to which the speed along with the performance affected badly.
Removal of Backdoor.Bot
The Backdoor.Bot is a nasty backdoor virus that can make your computer completely useless if not removed effectively. In this regard, you can use any automatic tool which is recommended method for the basic level computer users. Besides that, the manual removal method is also there which is extremely difficult, and only suitable for the experienced users. The instructions for the manual removal are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to access the infected PC in the safe mode after terminating the normal mode of operation. You have to restart the machine, and access the boot options menu by using the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode from the list once you are able to see the boot options on the screen before pressing the Enter key to boot the infected computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to get rid of the malicious processes associated with this dangerous backdoor infection. In this regard, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together in order to access the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window to delete the following malicious processes associated with the Backdoor.Bot:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Access the file explorer, and navigate to the system files folder where you have to find as well as remove the following suspicious files:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to open the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select the Run option, and type regedit in the box. Delete the following corrupt entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Bot\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Bot\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Bot\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Bot\DisplayName Backdoor.Bot
Analyze the result of the manual removal process by restarting the system in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan through any reliable antivirus software.