The Backdoor.Blobhash is a tricky computer infection that is considered as a Trojan virus, and sneaks into the system without the consent of the user. Once enter into the system, it degrades the performance of the machine and restrict your access on the system. The Backdoor.Blobhash virus spread through the unsafe browsing, downloading freeware, and spam email attachments. This malicious application download code from the remote server in order to access your most confidential data and steal your hard earned money through frauds. Once installed, the Backdoor.Blobhash infection redirects all your searching efforts towards compromising web pages where you can easily infect with other dangerous malware and spyware programs. This dangerous Trojan infection can change the internet settings including the home page, default browser, and desktop background without getting the permission of the user. The security settings of the PC including the windows firewall also changed because of this infection.
The Manual Removal of Backdoor.Blobhash
After getting infected with the Backdoor.Blobhash virus, you have to remove this Trojan virus from your PC without wasting a single minute. The manual removal method of this virus is available but extremely complicated and consists of the several steps that are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to restart the PC in order to terminate the normal mode of operation, and press the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Once the different boot options appear on the screen, select the safe mode option before hitting the enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you are able to start the computer in the safe mode, you have to delete the processes associated with this virus through the windows task manager. Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and click on the processes tab where you can see the list of processes. You have to delete the following associated processes quickly:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next thing you have to do is find as well as delete the suspected files hidden in the system files folder. In this regard, you have to delete the following files immediately:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to reverse the modification made by this Trojan virus in the registry section of your computer. In this regard, you are required to access the registry editor by opening the start menu, select Run option, and write RegEdit.exe in the box. Once the registry editor is visible on the screen, delete the following suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Blobhash\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Blobhash\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Blobhash\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Blobhash\DisplayName Backdoor.Blobhash
Restart the computer in the normal mode after closing the registry editor in order to see the effect of recent changes you have made. Run a complete system scan on the PC through the updated version of any reliable antivirus program.