The Backdoor.Bifrose.gen!E is a lethal infection that has recently attacked thousands of windows based computers in the different parts of the world. The Backdoor.Bifrose.gen!E can make your system completely useless if not removed quickly. This malicious application is used by the cyber crooks to promote low ranked websites, and force the innocent users to buy unwanted products from unknown suppliers. The objective of all such illegal and unethical activity is to make money from selling affiliate products and through commissions from pay per click programs. This malicious application can replicate itself wisely, and save itself at the different locations to avoid the detection effort. Once installed, the Backdoor.Bifrose.gen!E can alter your windows registry, modify the DNS settings, and changes the default search provider without getting the consent of the user. Every time you try to search a website, you will be redirected towards phishing websites. You will also notice the annoying pop-up ads on the screen while surfing on the web.
The Manual Removal of Backdoor.Bifrose.gen!E
You need to find an effective method to get rid of the Backdoor.Bifrose.gen!E virus once the presence of this nasty infection is confirmed. You can remove this virus with the help of any automatic removal tool within just a few clicks of the mouse. The manual removal process consists of the following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to access the system in the safe mode so that you can proceed into the manual removal method. Restart the PC, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options menu. Once the list of options appeared on the screen, choose the safe mode, and hit the Enter key to access the infected PC in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Another important step is killing the malicious processes associated with this lethal computer worm. You have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and remove the following malicious processes available under the processes tab. Remove of the following associated processes of this threat one by one, and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Following are the files associated to the Backdoor.Bifrose.gen!E virus that you need to remove as quickly as possible:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process cannot be completed unless you do not remove the malicious entries from the windows registry. Open the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run and type regedit.exe. Delete the following associated entries once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Bifrose.gen!E\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Bifrose.gen!E\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Bifrose.gen!E\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Bifrose.gen!E\DisplayName Backdoor.Bifrose.gen!E
Close the registry editor, and boot the system in the normal mode. You must select the complete system scan from the main interface of your current antivirus program to remove any infections caused by the this infection.