The Backdoor.Bifrose.ES is a nasty computer infection that belongs from the backdoor family of infections, and attacks the targeted PC secretly without providing any notice to the user. This malicious application provides remote access of your system to the hackers. Once this nasty backdoor virus enters in the system, it performs several unwanted changes in the default settings without your permission. This virus is also used by the hackers to steal your confidential details, such as online banking details, passwords, emails, credit card number, and browsing history. All such details are being used in the online frauds, and cyber crimes. It also modifies the firewall, and other security settings to invite additional parasites in the system. You may find that the speed of your computer affected badly, and most of the websites cannot open. It also causes system crashes, and screen freezes.
Removal of Backdoor.Bifrose.ES
The Backdoor.Bifrose.ES is a nasty backdoor infection that comes into the system, and perform destructive activities if not removed within the time. There are both automatic as well as manual methods available in this regard, and you can select a method according to your expertise. The automatic removal is an ideal method to remove this infection, for the basic level computer users. On the other hand, the manual removal process is a bit complicated, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you have to start the system in the safe mode before executing the instructions of the manual removal process. In this regard, restart the system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Choose the safe mode option from the list of boot options, before pressing the enter key to access the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You are required to open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is accessed, you have to click on the Processes tab where you can see a list of processes running in the background of your system. Remove the following associated processes of the Backdoor.Bifrose.ES by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, find the following associated files of the Backdoor.Bifrose.ES, and get rid of these files by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. Open the registry editor through RegEdit command which can be executed through Run option available in the start menu. Remove of the following associated entries of the Backdoor.Bifrose.ES before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Bifrose.ES\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Bifrose.ES\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Bifrose.ES\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Backdoor.Bifrose.ES\DisplayName Backdoor.Bifrose.ES
Restart the PC in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes, and run a complete system scan through your existing antivirus program.