The BackDoor.Andromeda is a dangerous Trojan virus that is recently distributed by the cyber crooks to infect thousands of personal computers all over the world. This malicious application degrades the overall performance of the PC, and affect important functions of your computer. Whenever you try to surf on the web, you will be diverted towards unknown places, and the aim is to steal your personal information. This precious information is then transferred to the remote hackers who use it for their own financial benefits. It debilitates the task manager, and creates fake entries in the windows registry without your permission. You will also notice that the windows firewall settings also modified without your consent. The BackDoor.Andromeda makes your surfing experience horrible ass you will receive annoying pop-up messages while surfing on the internet. Moreover, the important system files removed automatically due to which the system starts behaving weirdly. This malicious application is known as a resource eater, and eats a high percentage of resources installed on the system which results in screen freezes, and crashes.
Removal of BackDoor.Andromeda
The BackDoor.Andromeda virus is one of the most dangerous Trojan infection of recent times that must be removed quickly from the system in an effective way so that it will never return to your system. There are a number of automatic removal tools available to get rid of this infection. The manual removal of the BackDoor.Andromeda is also possible, but extremely complicated, and only recommended for the computer professionals. Following are the steps involved in the manual removal of this Trojan infection:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal can be started as soon as you access the safe mode on the infected machine. In this regard, restart the system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Select the safe mode option from the boot options menu, before pressing the enter key to access the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system is accessed in the safe mode, you have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. In the task manager, you have to select the Processes tab to see all the processes. Kill the following associated processes of this malicious application, before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to remove the following suspicious files along with their folders from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Last but not least, clean the windows registry by removing the suspicious entries. In this regard, you need to click on the start menu, select Run, and write regedit.exe in the box to access the registry editor. Delete the following associated entries of this Trojan infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BackDoor.Andromeda\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BackDoor.Andromeda\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BackDoor.Andromeda\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\BackDoor.Andromeda\DisplayName BackDoor.Andromeda
Reboot the computer in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan through an updated antivirus software.