The Azboo is a nasty computer virus that is classified as an adware that attacks the system secretly. This malicious application is specifically designed to record the browsing activity of the user, and then send commercial advertisement according to the interests of the user. This adware flooded the screen with the annoying pop-up ads, and these ads also contain spam advertisements. The Azboo adware is used to display the coupon ads, offers, and special discounts to attract maximum users. Once installed, it changes the browser settings completely to take the complete control of web surfing of the user. Most of your searches diverted towards unwanted websites, and your home page along with the default search engine also modified without your permission. Instead of showing irrelevant ads, the Azboo adware display the ads according to the websites you have recently visited. Moreover, you will notice that the overall efficiency of the computer degraded because of this lethal adware infection.
The Manual Removal of Azboo
If your PC is showing the above mentioned symptoms of the Azboo infection, you have to find a way to get rid of this infection after confirming its availability. The Azboo adfware can be removed both ways automatically, as well as manually. For the novice users we recommend the automatic tools, but the professional level users can try the manual removal method according to the following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
These types of stubborn parasites cannot be removed by remaining in the normal mode of operation; therefore, you need to start the system in the safe mode. Reboot the system, and keep pressing the F8 key repeatedly till you get the access of the boot options. Choose the Safe Mode option to start safe mode operation on your computer.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode on the system, you have to kill the associated processes of this adware infection. Access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the process tab to see the list of processes running in the background. Following suspicious processes are required to be removed quickly through the End Process button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to delete the following associated files of the Azboo adware infection. These files are hidden deep in the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Azboo Adware.lnk
- %Programs%\Azboo Adware\Azboo Adware.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To remove the malicious entries created by this adware infection in the windows registry you have to click on the star menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box to open the registry editor. Remove the following associated entries of the Azboo and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Azboo Adware\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Azboo Adware
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Azboo Adware\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Azboo Adware\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Azboo Adware\DisplayName Azboo Adware
Reboot the system in the normal mode to analyze the success or failure of the manual removal process.