The AVLab Security XP Antivirus 2015 is a fake antivirus program that introduces itself as a genuine security tool. Th AVLab Security XP Antivirus 2015 always sneaks in the windows based computers secretly, and this nasty infection is classified as a rogue application. Once installed, it performs fake scans on your system, and show fake results of such so called system scans. It threatens the user by showing that there are various errors in the system. When you try to fix these errors, you will be asked to buy a licensed version of this so called antivirus which costs you almost $100. You have to remember that this has nothing to do with the errors on the system. The hackers just want to take away your hard earned money, and even if you buy the paid version of this fake antivirus program, your PC will not be normalized.
Manual Removal of AVLab Security XP Antivirus 2015
You are required to remove this dangerous browser hijacker as soon as possible in order to minimize the loss. To take you out of this difficult situation, there are some excellent automatic removal tools available through which you can get rid of this virus easily as well as quickly. You can also remove such infection manually, but it is only recommended for the experienced users. The manual removal instructions are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is compulsory to access the infected machine in the safe mode before proceeding towards manual removal of this browser hijacker. Restart the system and use the F8 key to open the boot options screen. Select the safe mode before pressing the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After booting the corrupt computer in the safe mode, you have to proceed to the first step of this process in which you are required to remove the associated processes of this browser hijacker. Open the task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and remove the following malicious processes associated with the AVLab Security XP Antivirus 2015:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Get rid of the associated files of this malicious browser hijacker. Following are some of the suspicious files needed to be removed quickly to normalize the system:-
- %Desktopdir%\AVLab Antivirus 2015.lnk
- %Programs%\AVLab Antivirus 2015\AVLab Antivirus 2015.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you remove the fake entries created by this infection in the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor by running the “regedit” command through the Start Menu. Remove the following suspicious entries from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AVLab Antivirus 2015\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AVLab Antivirus 2015
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AVLab Antivirus 2015\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AVLab Antivirus 2015\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AVLab Antivirus 2015\DisplayNameAVLab Antivirus 2015
Reboot the infected system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the process, and if the virus is still available in the system, you need to repeat this process again. After successful removal of this browser hijacker, you have to run a complete system scan.