The AsearchClub.com is a malicious application that is also known as AsearchClub.com Redirects. This is a dangerous browser hijacker that attacks the windows based computers without the consent of the users. It presents itself as a legitimate application, but once it creates roots in the system files on your computer, it will immediately change the important settings of your computer that include DNS settings, default search engine, and home page. The AsearchClub.com redirects all your searches towards hacked, and corrupt websites where additional malware programs are hidden to attack your PC. Some hackers use this parasite to generate traffic on the unwanted websites, but this illegal as well as unethical. Besides that, this malicious browser hijacker is also used to steal your most confidential data that includes your bank account credentials, credit card details, emails, passwords, and shopping preferences. These confidential details than used to steal your money or other fraudulent purposes. Once installed, the AsearchClub.com reduce the speed as well as the performance of your system considerably by occupying most of the computer resources.
The Manual Removal of AsearchClub.com
After confirming that your computer becomes a victim of this dangerous browser hijacker, you have to remove it as quickly as possible. There are a number of automatic tools available to get rid of this virus easily within just a few clicks of the mouse. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available that consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
First of all you have to reboot the system, and hit F8 key while the system is restarting to access the boot options list. You have to select the safe mode option from that list before hitting the enter key to restart the system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Open the task manager by Holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and hit the processes tab once the task manager accessed. There will be a list of all the running processes in your computer from which you have to delete the following associated processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After removing the malicious processes you have to delete the suspicious files from the program files folder. In this regard following are some of the suspicious files that needed to be removed:-
- %Desktopdir%\ASearchClub.com Redirect.lnk
- %Programs%\ASearchClub.com Redirect\ASearchClub.com Redirect.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally you have to modify the windows registry by removing the suspicious entries created by the AsearchClub.com. In order to access the registry editor you have to execute the “Regedit” command which can be executed through “Run” option available in the start menu. Remove the following entries associated with this virus, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ASearchClub.com Redirect\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ASearchClub.com Redirect
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ASearchClub.com Redirect\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ASearchClub.com Redirect\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ASearchClub.com Redirect\DisplayName ASearchClub.com Redirect
Restart the computer in the normal mode and see the effect of changes that you have made during the manual removal process.