The Arcade Parlor pop-up ads is a nasty adware parasite that is designed specifically to infect the windows based computers. It is revealed that this is an advertising platform used by the cyber crooks to promote their products and services by using unethical ways. These notorious cyber criminals use this virus as a tool to make commissions from pay per click programs after generating traffic on the affiliate sites. This malicious application is capable of replicating itself to avoid detection. This dangerous adware can infect all the versions of the windows operating system including Windows Vista, Windows XP. Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows NT, and Windows Server 2008. This nasty infection disables the executable files, task manager, and registry editor.
Removal of Arcade Parlor pop-up ads
Once it becomes obvious that the Arcade Parlor pop-up ads installed on your system, you have to remove this infection without wasting time. There are both manual as well as automatic ways available to get rid of this infection. The automatic removal is convenient for the new users. The manual removal is extremely hard and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before start removing the Arcade Parlor pop-up ads manually, you have to access the safe mode operation of the system. Restart the computer and access the list of boot options by hitting the F8 key repeatedly. Select the safe mode, and hit the Enter key to open the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Kill the associated processes of the Arcade Parlor pop-up ads. In this regard, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and click on the processes tab. You have to delete the following malicious processes associated with the Arcade Parlor pop-up ads by using the “End Process“ button:-
· %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the associated processes of the Arcade Parlor pop-up ads, you have to delete the associated data of this infection. Following are the files you have to remove from the system files folder:-
· %Desktopdir%\Arcade Parlor pop-up ads.lnk
· %Programs%\Arcade Parlor pop-up ads\Arcade Parlor pop-up ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To clean the windows registry you have to open the registry editor by selecting the start menu, choose Run option, and type Regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following entries associated with this malicious application:-
· HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Arcade Parlor pop-up ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
· HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Arcade Parlor pop-up ads
· HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Arcade Parlor pop-up ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
· HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
· HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Arcade Parlor pop-up ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
· HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Arcade Parlor pop-up ads\DisplayName Arcade Parlor pop-up ads
In the end, you have to see how effectively you have followed the manual removal instructions by rebooting the system in the normal mode. If the virus is removed successfully, do not forget to run a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by this virus.