The AppCaster virus is another variation of recently developed computer parasites that belongs to the adware family of infections. The hackers designed this virus as a tool to infect the targeted computers, and makes them completely useless. This malicious application enters in the system through spam emails, compromised web pages, file sharing networks, and infected removable devices. Once this virus attacks any system, it blocks some of the most important system utilities, and corrupt a number of crucial system files. It is also used by the cyber crooks to display numerous pop-up ads related to the commercial advertisement campaigns. This adware program can easily bypass all your security arrangements, including the windows firewall, and antivirus tools. Apart from above mentioned symptoms, this nasty adware is also used as a tool to access the important financial details related to the targeted users. These details may include the credit card information through which the hackers can steal the money of that user.
Removal of AppCaster virus
After realizing the presence of the AppCaster virus in your computer, you have to take some immediate steps to get rid of this adware infection. You can select any reliable automatic removal tool, that is not only easy to use, but also works swiftly. For the basic level computer users, the automatic method is the ultimate choice. The manual removal is also possible that is detailed below:-
Reboot the System in The Safe Mode
Once you have accessed the safe mode on your computer, you can start executing the commands of the manual removal process. In this regard, you just need to restart the computer, and keep hitting the F8 key while the system is restarted to access the boot options list. Select the safe mode from the list through arrow keys, and hit the Enter key to access the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager, and select the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see the list of processes. You have to end the following associated processes of this adware infection before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Find as well as remove the following suspicious files associated with the AppCaster virus from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\AppCaster virus.lnk
- %Programs%\AppCaster virus\AppCaster virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to clean the windows registry by reversing the modifications made by this adware infection. In this regard, open the registry editor through Regedit command that you can execute from the Run option of the Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to delete the following corrupt entries one by one:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AppCaster virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AppCaster virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AppCaster virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AppCaster virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AppCaster virus\DisplayName AppCaster virus
Restart the machine in the normal mode after closing the registry editor and if the virus is removed successfully, run a complete system scan through an updated version of your existing antivirus.