The Appbario7 Toolbar is a computer virus that invades the computers secretly without getting the consent of the user, and can infect the Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers. Once the Appbario7 Toolbar virus settles down deep in the system, it will change all the crucial system settings including the browser settings, and redirect all your searches towards the unknown websites where you are encouraged to buy certain products through exciting commercial ads such as cheap flights, hotels, free wallpapers, etc. This malicious application is used by the notorious hackers to collect the sensitive personal information of the targeted users like emails logins, passwords, browsing details, and credit card numbers. This information is collected for the purpose of using it in the online frauds, and cyber crimes. Once installed, the Appbario7 Toolbar infection changes the default settings in your PC such as homepage, default search engine, default browser, and DNS settings. Your system goes to havoc as most of the system resources are used by this infection, and you will also notice frequent crashes.
The Manual Removal of Appbario7 Toolbar
After confirming the availability of the Appbario7 Toolbar infection in your PC you have to decide quickly what method you want to use to get rid of this malware. There are manual method as well as automatic tools available through which you can delete this virus. The process of the manual removal consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all you have to reboot the infected machine in order to terminate the normal mode of operation, and press the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options. Select the safe mode from the list and hit the Enter key to restart the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to kill the associated processes of the Appbario7 Toolbar infection. Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab in the task manager window to remove the following associated processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After removing the associated processes successfully, you have to open the system files folder, and remove the following malicious files:-
- %Desktopdir%\Appbario7 Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Appbario7 Toolbar\Appbario7 Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process will be completed when you clean the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor with by using the RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start menu. Remove the following entries associated with this infection after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Appbario7 Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Appbario7 Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Appbario7 Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Appbario7 Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Appbario7 Toolbar\DisplayName Appbario7 Toolbar
Restart the PC to see the effect of this process after closing the registry editor. You are also required to run a system scan through the updated version of any antivirus program.