The Antivirus System Fake Alert is another fake security software that enters secretly in the computer and perform fake scans automatically to show you the fake errors. The developers of this lethal infection try to scare the users to buy the licensed version of this so called antivirus software, but keep in mind this is an attempt to trace the innocent users in order to scam their money. Once entered, the Antivirus System Fake Alert blocks your access to many of important system utilities, and disable the genuine antivirus program to avoid detection or removal. This malicious application spread through unsafe browsing, spam emails, and p2p sharing of resources.
The Manual Removal of Antivirus System Fake Alert
When it is confirmed that your PC is compromised to the Antivirus System Fake Alert infection, you have to remove this virus at your earliest. You can choose any automatic removal tool to get rid of this malicious application within just a few clicks of the mouse. Besides that, you can also remove the Antivirus System Fake Alert virus manually by following the instructions mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before start removing the virus, you have to reboot the system in order to terminate the normal mode of the operation. While the system is restarted, you have to use the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options. Select the safe mode option to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is available on the screen you have to click the processes tab to see the list of running processes within your system. You have to find as well as delete the following malicious processes from the list and close the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to remove the following associated files along with their folders from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Antivirus System fake alert.lnk
- %Programs%\Antivirus System fake alert\Antivirus System fake alert.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are also required to clean the windows registry to complete the manual removal process of this malicious application. Access the registry editor by using the “RegEdit” command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start Menu. Remove the following malicious entries associated with this virus once the registry editor is accessible:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antivirus System fake alert\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antivirus System fake alert
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antivirus System fake alert\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antivirus System fake alert\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antivirus System fake alert\DisplayName Antivirus System fake alert
Restart the computer in the normal mode after closing the registry editor window, to see the result of the manual removal efforts. Run a system scan through the updated version of your current antivirus program.