The Antivirus Plus 2014 is a recently developed, and distributed application that sneaks in the computers secretly without getting the permission from the user, and perform a number of harmful activities. The Antivirus Plus 2014 program is a fake antivirus which is developed by the cyber crooks to trap the users, and take their money away. This malicious application is classified as a rogue application that starts automatically whenever you starts the windows, and performs fake scans. The results of these scans always show that the system is at high risk, and there are a number of so called errors reported on your PC. Once the Antivirus Plus 2014 enters in the system, it blocks most of the system utilities including the Notepad, antivirus, and windows task manager.
The Manual Removal of Antivirus Plus 2014
After discovering the Antivirus Plus 2014 infection on your computer, you need to take some effective steps in quick time to get rid of this virus. You can take help of any reliable automatic removal tool to save your time and efforts. Besides that, the manual removal process is another option; however, the success of the manual removal largely depends on your experience of removing such threats manually. The steps involved in the manual removal of the Antivirus Plus 2014 are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is impossible to start the manual removal of the Antivirus Plus 2014 unless you do not operate the system in the safe mode. Restart the system, and keep hitting the F8 key till you see the boot options list. Select the safe mode option from the menu, and press the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
To kill the malicious processes related to the Antivirus Plus 2014 virus, you need to access the windows task manager through the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Once the task manager window appeared on the screen, you have to select the Processes tab and remove following suspicious processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Antivirus Plus 2014.lnk
- %Programs%\Antivirus Plus 2014\Antivirus Plus 2014.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the final step of this complicated manual removal process you have to reverse the modifications made by this infection in the windows registry. Select the start menu, click on the Run option and write “regedit.exe” in the box to access the registry editor. Find and delete the following suspicious entries from the windows registry before Closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antivirus Plus 2014\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antivirus Plus 2014
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antivirus Plus 2014\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antivirus Plus 2014\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antivirus Plus 2014\DisplayName Antivirus Plus 2014
Do not forget to run a full system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus program after booting the system in the normal mode.