The amt_ar_qvo6.exe is a dangerous browser hijacker which has the ability to hijack all the major browsers including the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Once installed on any windows based computer, this malicious application has the ability to change the privacy settings, homepage, and default search engine of your computer, and you will find that search.qvo6.com becomes your default search engine. Your all searching efforts will be redirected towards phishing websites where unknown products are promoted from the suspicious companies. This malicious application present itself as a legitimate search engine, and while at first look, this looks absolutely trusted search engine, but actually it is a trap designed to take your hard earned money.
The Instructions for Removal of amt_ar_qvo6.exe
After confirming that your system is compromised to the amt_ar_qvo6.exe you need to delete this virus immediately from your computer to minimize the amount of damage. You can remove this tricky virus either by using any reliable automatic removal tool, or by using the complicated instructions of manual removal method. Following are the instructions to remove this threat manually:-
Select the Safe Mode
The next step of the manual removal method is to terminate the normal mode, and reboot the infected system in the safe mode. You can terminate the normal mode by restarting your computer, and when the system is in restarting process, you have to open the boot options menu with the help of F8 key, and select the safe mode option from the list of different options to boot your computer in the safe mode.
Remove the Associated Processes
Deleting the corrupt processes associated with the amt_ar_qvo6.exe is another important step of manual removal process. You can do this by opening the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window is visible on your screen, you have to make a click on the processes tab, and delete following process:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Files and Folders
The next is removal of the files created by the amt_ar_qvo6.exe. In this regard, following are a few files that you have to remove from the program files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Amt_ar_qvo6.exe .lnk
- %Programs%\Amt_ar_qvo6.exe \Amt_ar_qvo6.exe .lnk
Remove the Corrupt Registry Entries
In the end, you have to remove the malicious registry entries related to the amt_ar_qvo6.exe to complete the manual removal process. In order to clean the windows registry from these associated entries, you need to access the registry editor with the help of Regedit command which can be executed through the Run option available in the Start menu. Following are the entries that are required to be deleted:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Amt_ar_qvo6.exe \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Amt_ar_qvo6.exe \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Amt_ar_qvo6.exe \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Amt_ar_qvo6.exe \DisplayName Amt_ar_qvo6.exe
To see the success of the manual removal method, you have to restart the infected system in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan.