You have to keep in mind that this Trojan horse infection does not come alone as it is always bundled with other dangerous spyware, malware, and viruses. This Trojan horse infection is extremely harmful for your computer as it can cause severe damage to your resources as well as data in a way that your computer become extremely useless. Like all other Trojan infections, the Alureon eats your system resources due to which the overall performance of the system as well as speed affected badly.
The Manual Removal of Alureon
You can get rid of this malicious Trojan horse infection manually,and also by using any automatic removal tool. The manual removal process is only recommended for the computer professionals, and people who are experienced in removing such types of complicated viruses due to its complexity. Following are the steps involved in the manual removal process:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
You have to remove this virus by running your infected computer in the safe mode. Restart the system, and press the F8 key repeatedly while the system restarts to get the access of the boot options. Once you can see the list of boot options, you have to choose the safe mode and press the Enter button to restart your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once system starts running in the safe mode, you have to remove the associated processes of this threat. Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and select the Processes tab to see the list of running processes in the background of your computer. You have to find as well as delete the following suspicious processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After getting rid of such corrupt process you have to remove the associated data of this virus. In this regard, following are some of the files that you have to delete from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Trojan. Alureon!IK.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You also have to clean the windows registry to complete this manual removal process. Click on the start menu, select Run, and type regedit to access the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor, you have to delete the following corrupt entries of this Trojan infection, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Alureon!IK\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Alureon!IK\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Alureon!IK\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Trojan.Alureon!IK\DisplayName Trojan.Alureon!IK
Restart the machine in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan to remove any infections caused by this Trojan virus.