The Alert.adsprotectpolice.net is a nasty computer infection that is classified as a ransomware, and trap the innocent computer users by locking down their computers. Once this malicious application sneaks into the system, it blocks your access to the normal desktop, and instead of that, you can only see a message in the middle of the screen in which you are accused of performing illegal activities on your system. The hackers show that the message is for the authorities, but in reality this is all fake, and it has nothing to do with the government authorities. This dangerous ransomware program attacks the computers while visiting porn websites, infected removable storage devices, and spam emails. Once this infection enters in the system, it performs several unwanted actions without your permission, and corrupts your browser. The hackers also use this infection to track the important personal information such as credit card details of the targeted users. After modifying the windows firewall, and other security tools, it opens the backdoor for the additional parasites. It also slows down the computer, and causes frequent crashes as well as screen freezes.
Removal of Alert.adsprotectpolice.net
The Alert.adsprotectpolice.net is a dangerous program for your PC as well as for the private information stored on your hard drive. You have to get rid of this infection as quickly as possible to protect your system. There are both automatic as well as manual methods available to get rid of this ransomware. The manual removal is a bit difficult for the novice users that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can start the manual removal process after accessing the safe mode on your PC. In this regard, you have to restart the computer, and press the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. After accessing the boot options screen, you have to select the safe mode before pressing the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager window, and click on the processes tab to where you can see the list of processes. You have to delete the following processes associated with the Alert.adsprotectpolice.net before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following associated files of the Alert.adsprotectpolice.net from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process will be completed after removing the corrupt entries from the windows registry. In this regard, access the registry editor by selecting the Run option in the Start menu, and type Regedit in the box. Delete the following entries after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Alert.adsprotectpolice.net\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Alert.adsprotectpolice.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Alert.adsprotectpolice.net\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Alert.adsprotectpolice.net\DisplayName Alert.adsprotectpolice.net
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to see the virus is removed successfully or still available. Do not forget to run a complete system scan on the computer.