The Akkreditivsearch.net is another variation of recently developed browser hijackers that are specifically designed to attack the computers using the windows operating system. This malicious application can infect all the browsers including the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari. Once this nasty browser hijacker enters in the system, it will divert all your searches towards their own website www.akkreditivsearch.net, and manipulate the search results. Like all other stubborn browser hijackers, the Akkreditivsearch.net modifies most of the browser settings, including the home page, desktop background, default search engine, and DNS settings. Besides that, it corrupts the windows registry, and disable your antivirus. You will notice that the system is behaving weirdly, and slow in responding your commands. This malicious application consumes a large portion of your CPU resources which causes the degradation in the performance. Moreover, it blocks your access to many of your executable files, and disable the important system utilities like task manager and registry editor. The hackers use this virus to steal the confidential details of the targeted users, and use these details in the online financial frauds.
Removal of Akkreditivsearch.net
If it is confirmed that the Akkreditivsearch.net browser hijacker is present in the system, you have to find a way to get rid of this infection. You can use any reliable automatic tool to get rid of this infection within quick time. The manual removal is also possible, but it is extremely difficult. The instructions for the manual removal of this virus are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can execute the manual removal process once you are able to boot the computer in the safe mode. Restart the system from the Start menu, and strike the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options. Select the safe mode option before pressing the Enter key, once you are able to see the boot options on the screen.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and click on the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see a list of processes. Kill the following processes by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and get rid of the following associated files of the Akkreditivsearch.net by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are also required to normalize the windows registry. In this regard, you have to open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through the Run option available in the Start menu. After accessing the registry editor, you have to delete the following associated entries of the Akkreditivsearch.net from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Akkreditivsearch.net\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Akkreditivsearch.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Akkreditivsearch.net\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Akkreditivsearch.net\DisplayName Akkreditivsearch.net
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to know if the virus is removed successfully or still available. Run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus software.