The Aimini.net is one of the most dangerous browser hijackers of recent times that has the ability to hijack all the major browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Once installed on any computer, it redirects all the searches of the users towards the Aimini.net website. In most cases this dangerous application installed on the windows bases PCs without the consent of the users. It immediately changes the default settings of the browser including desktop background, home page, and default search engine. It also blocks some of the system resources and restrict the access of the user towards certain programs. One of the main objectives of sending this tricky browser hijacker is to record your browsing activities and steal your personal data such as credit card details, etc. This detail is being used by these hackers for the fraudulent purposes. This browser hijacker also acts like an adware; therefore, the hackers also use this application to run pop-up ads and promote different products as well as generate traffic on some websites.
The Manual Removal of Aimini.net
Once it is confirmed that your system is compromised to this dangerous browser hijacker, you have to remove it as quickly as possible. You can get various online automatic tools to get rid of this virus easily within just a few clicks of the mouse. The manual removal method is also available in this regard that consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the machine, and while the computer is restarting press the F8 key to access the list of boot options. Once the list appeared on the screen of your computer, you have to select the safe mode before pressing enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the windows task manager, and hit the processes tab once the task manager accessed. You can see the list of all the running processes in your computer from which you have to delete the following associated processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You also have to delete the files and folders related to the Aimini.net. In this regard following are some suspicious files that you need to delete:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end you have to modify the windows registry by removing the suspicious entries created by this virus. To access the registry editor you have to execute the “Regedit” command which can be executed through “Run” option available in the start menu. Delete the following corrupt entries created by this malicious application, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Aimini.net\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Aimini.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Aimini.net\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Aimini.net\DisplayName Aimini.net
Restart your computer in the normal mode and see the effect of changes that you have made recently. Update the existing antivirus program and run a complete system scan to remove the infections.