The Ahack is a typical computer parasite that has recently infected thousands of windows platforms. This malicious application uses the instant messenger based links to distribute quickly among the targeted users. Once it enters in the system, it not only opens the backdoor in the infected system but also spreads to other contents on the instant messenger used by that user. The Ahack infection can be extremely dangerous for the overall health of your PC as it can download additional threats, send spam messages, and changes the windows firewall settings. This wisely designed computer infection keep changing itself according to the type of operating system, and can easily avoid its detection even from most powerful antivirus program. The purpose of developing and distributing this lethal computer virus is to open the backdoor in the targeted system to provide remote access of the system to the hackers who perform harmful activities inside the computer.
The Manual Removal of Ahack
When you are hundred percent sure the availability of the Ahack infection in your system, the next thing you need to do is choose the method of getting rid of this virus. The manual removal process is only recommended for the experienced users because of its complications. The instructions for the manual removal process of the Ahack virus are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to boot the computer in the safe mode before going through the obscure steps of the manual removal process. In this regard, restart the PC, and use the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options. Select the safe mode option from the list, and hit the enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to kill the associated process of the Ahack virus, once the system is starts working in the safe mode. Open the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and access the list of all the running processes by clicking the processes tab in the task manager window. Remove the following malicious processes created by this virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
In the next step, you have to remove the following associated files of the Ahack virus from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Once you have completed the above mentioned steps successfully, you have to open the start menu, select “Run” option, and execute the ”regedit” command to open the registry editor. Once you are able to see the registry editor window, you have to find as well as delete the following associated registry entries of the Ahack virus before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ahack\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ahack\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ahack\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ahack\DisplayName Ahack
Reboot the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you able to follow the instructions before running a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus program.