The Agent.ZC is a nasty computer worm that is classified as a dangerous Trojan infection. This is a deadly dangerous computer virus that can destroy your system completely. The hackers use spam emails, hacked web pages, removable storage devices, social websites, file sharing networks, and free downloads from untrusted sites to spread this malicious Trojan. Once this nasty Trojan able to infiltrate into the system, it starts performing illegal activities, creates inaccessibility to data files folder, cannot run executable files, speed reduced gradually, and remove some of the important system files. You cannot install any new application on your PC as long as this Trojan virus remains inside the computer. It hides itself wisely to avoid any detection or removal effort, and also disables your windows firewall. Moreover, it makes several changes in the default system settings without your consent. You will notice that the home page, background, and search provider is modified, and also creates fake entries in the windows registry. Whenever you try to surf on the web, you will be redirected towards phishing websites.
Removal of Agent.ZC
As soon as you are able to found this Trojan virus on your computer, you have to decide which method you are going to use effectively. You can remove this virus by choosing any effective automatic removal tool. Besides that, the manual removal process of this Trojan infection is also available that is only recommended for the professional level users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can proceed with the manual removal process after accessing the safe mode on the infected PC. Restart the machine, and open the boot options screen by hitting the F8 key continuously while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode option from the list before hitting the enter key to access the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and select the Processes tab where you can see a list of processes. Delete the following suspicious processes associated with the Agent.ZC by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to get rid of the associated data of this Trojan infection. In this regard, you have to get rid of the following files from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you need to clean the windows registry to complete this process. Access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following associated entries of the Agent.ZC:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Agent.ZC\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Agent.ZC\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Agent.ZC\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Agent.ZC\DisplayName Agent.ZC
If the virus is removed successfully, you have to run a complete system scan after updating your current antivirus program.