The Agent.HR is another nasty variation of the famous Trojan infections that invades the windows based computers secretly. This malicious application often spread through junk mail attachments, downloading freeware from the untrusted websites, and p2p sharing. This Trojan infection can infect all the versions of the windows operating system. Once installed, the Agent.HR can corrupt your most important system applications like MS Office, and antivirus tools. Besides that, this Trojan virus makes impossible for you to access your data files, reduce the overall efficiency of the system, and you are unable to access the system utilities like the windows task manager. It has the ability to modify crucial system settings like registry settings, security settings, windows firewall, DNS settings, and desktop background. You are unable to install any new application on your system because of the presence of the Agent.HR. This malicious application collects all your personal details including the bank account details, and credit card information and transfer it to the cyber crooks who use such details in the cyber crimes and online frauds.
The Manual Removal of Agent.HR
Once it becomes obvious that the Agent.HR virus invades your system, you need to get rid of this Trojan virus at your earliest. There are both automatic and manual options available to remove the Agent.HR from which you have to select one method according to your expertise. The manual removal method consists of the several steps and detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal of the Agent.HR infection only starts when you access your system in the safe mode. You are required to reboot the computer to terminate the normal mode, and keep hitting the F8 key to see the boot options on the screen. You have to select the Safe Mode option from the list and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and select the “Processes” tab to see a list of processes running in the background. Remove the following suspicious processes from the list and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After done with the processes, you have to get rid of the associated data of this virus. In this regard, open the file explorer, and remove the following files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are also required to remove the modifications made by the Agent.HR in the windows registry. Open the registry editor with the help of Regedit command that can be Run through the start menu, and remove the following associated entries of the Agent.HR infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Agent.HR\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Agent.HR\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Agent.HR\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Agent.HR\DisplayName Agent.HR
Close the registry editor before restarting the system in the normal mode to see the success or failure of the manual removal efforts.