The Affinity is a malicious application categorized as a complicated adware infection that recently attacked several computers. The Affinity is a type of adware that cannot be detected or removed through normal antivirus applications, and this nasty program often enters in the system secretly without giving the user any hint. This multipurpose worm is developed by the hackers to promote their low ranked sites, and achieve the financial goals by using illegal techniques. Once this malicious adware installed on the system, it starts affecting your surfing sessions badly by frequently diverting the user towards unknown places. It is capable of taking over your default browser completely, by overhauling the browser settings, and also modify the security settings inside the infected PC. You will also notice that the most of the resources installed on your system are negotiated to this adware program, and you will feel helpless in the presence of this infection.
Removal of Affinity
The Affinity adware program is one of the most dangerous adware of recent times that required to be removed quickly from the system. This malicious application can be removed automatically, as well as manually. The automatic method is convenient, and fast; whereas, the manual removal is only recommended for the professionals. The instructions involved in the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The process of removing this stubborn adware infection can be started after accessing the safe mode on the system. In this regard, you have to press the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of options while the system is restarted, and select the safe mode option before pressing the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
When the safe mode is accessed, you have to end the associated processes of this adware program. In this regard, open the task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and click on the Processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background of your system. Get rid of the following malicious processes associated with the Affinity by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following files associated with this malicious infection from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Ads by Affinity.lnk
- %Programs%\Ads by Affinity\Ads by Affinity.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to reverse the modifications created by this adware program in the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor by executing the RegEdit command through the Run option in the Start Menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to get rid of the following corrupt entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by Affinity\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by Affinity
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by Affinity\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by Affinity\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by Affinity\DisplayName Ads by Affinity
Access the normal mode by restarting the system to see how effectively you have removed the infection.