The Adware:Win32/SideTab is a malicious parasite belongs from the adware viruses. This dangerous adware often installed on the windows based computers without the consent of the user. This virus spreads through clicking on the social media links, visiting compromised web pages, downloading freeware from the unknown provider, and spam emails. Once this malicious application sneaks in the system, it will immediately change the sensitive system settings, and you are unable to install any legitimate software on the computer. You cannot access any of your data files, besides that, you will also face the regular crashes. Like any other adware virus, the Adware:Win32/SideTab runs annoying pop-up ads on the screen of infected machine which stops you to perform your daily routine tasks. The aim of developing such a lethal adware is to steal your confidential information such as credit card details, user names, and passwords to use it for the fraudulent purposes.
The Manual Removal of Adware:Win32/SideTab
Once it is confirmed that your system is compromised for the Adware:Win32/SideTab, you have to think about how to remove this adware quickly. There are two ways through which you can do this job, either by manually, or automatically. The manual removal method is only recommended to the computer professionals and advanced level computer users. This process consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
The first thing which you have to do is to reboot the system, and use the F8 key to see the boot options. Here you have to select the safe mode, and hit the enter key to restart the computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the safe mode is operated, you have to remove the associated processes of this malicious application. Start the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and hit the processes tab. Under this tab you have to find and delete the following malicious processes and close the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After deleting the processes, you have to remove the files and folders associated with this adware. In this regard, following are the suspicious files:-
- %Desktopdir%\Adware:Win32 / SideTab.lnk
- %Programs%\Adware:Win32 / SideTab\Adware:Win32 / SideTab.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end you have to clean the windows registry by accessing the registry editor. The registry editor can be started by running the regedit command. Once you have accessed the registry editor, you have to remove the following entries from the list:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware:Win32 / SideTab\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware:Win32 / SideTab
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware:Win32 / SideTab\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware:Win32 / SideTab\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware:Win32 / SideTab\DisplayName Adware:Win32 / SideTab
Close down the registry editor, and reboot the system in the normal mode to see the effect of changes you have just made. Run a complete system scan on the computer after updating the antivirus already installed on your system. .