Besides that, this virus drops the malicious codes in your system and open the backdoor for additional parasites. Once installed on any computer, this harmful application starts sending the fake alerts about various infections in your system, and when you try to fix these errors, you will be asked to purchase the paid version of this software. This dangerous adware program is wisely developed by the cyber crooks to steal your most confidential information including the financial details, and browsing history. Once installed on the windows based computers, the Adware:Win32/OpenCandy make your PC extremely slow in responding your commands, corrupt your windows registry, changes the crucial system settings, and you are unable to access the important system applications. Besides that, this malicious application also affects your online activities by redirecting your searches, modifying the home page, redirect your browser towards phishing websites.
The Manual Removal of Adware:Win32/OpenCandy
When the presence of this malicious adware virus is confirmed, you have to remove it quickly. If you like, you can delete this virus manually, but for the basic level users we recommend automatic removal tools. Following are the detailed instructions to remove this virus manually:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
You are required to reboot the computer in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode. In this regard, you have to restart the system, and use the F8 key to see the boot options list. Select the safe mode from the list of boot options and press the enter key to restart your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
You are required to delete the corrupt processes associated with this threat from the system. These processes are available under the processes tab in the windows task manager. The task manager can be accessed by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You have to delete the following associated files of this virus from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Adware:Win32/OpenCandy .lnk
- %Programs%\Adware:Win32/OpenCandy \Adware:Win32/OpenCandy .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the start menu, click on the “Run”, and write “regedit” to execute the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to find as well as delete the following corrupt entries from the windows registry, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware:Win32/OpenCandy \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware:Win32/OpenCandy \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware:Win32/OpenCandy \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware:Win32/OpenCandy \DisplayName Adware:Win32/OpenCandy
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see whether you have removed the virus effectively or otherwise. Besides that, you are also required to run a complete system scan on your computer.