The Adware:Win32/ContinueToSave is a dangerous parasite categorized as an adware that can harm your computer in a number of different ways. The online criminals distribute this malicious application through the spam emails, freeware download, and compromised web pages. Besides changing the basic settings in the system, the Adware:Win32/ContinueToSave virus also modifies the default search engine, home page, and redirect your searching results towards unknown places. All such activity is actually a part of promotional activity as all your searches landed on the web pages where you are encouraged to buy low quality products from the unknown distributers. The Adware:Win32/ContinueToSave is a fake program that is designed just like legitimate software that helps you in online searches. This malicious adware is capable of tracking your browsing history, IP address, and financial details to steal your money, and use this sensitive information for online crimes.
The Manual Removal of Adware:Win32/ContinueToSave
The manual removal of the Adware:Win32/ContinueToSave is possible yet extremely difficult. For the novice users, we recommend the automatic removal tools instead of removing this virus manually. The success of the manual removal process largely depends on the expertise of the user. The manual removal instructions are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to access the boot options menu by restarting the computer, and use the F8 key repeatedly whiles the system restarting. Once you can see the list of boot options on the screen, select the safe mode option from the available list and hit the Enter key to reboot the PC in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and select the process tab to see the processes running in the background of your computer. You have to delete the following associated processes of the Adware:Win32/ContinueToSave virus one by one by using the End Process button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next step of this complicated manual process is removal of the associated data. You have to access the system files folder by using the file explorer, and remove the following suspicious files along with the folders associated with the Adware:Win32/ContinueToSave infection:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal is completed when you clean the windows registry by removing the corrupt entries created by the Adware:Win32/ContinueToSave. You have to open the registry editor by clicking on the Start Menu, select the Run option, and type RegEdit in the box before pressing the OK button. Once you are able to see the registry editor, delete the following modifications made by this adware program, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware:Win32/ContinueToSave\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware:Win32/ContinueToSave\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware:Win32/ContinueToSave\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware:Win32/ContinueToSave\DisplayName Adware:Win32/ContinueToSave
Evaluate the success of the manual removal process by rebooting the system in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan through your antivirus software.