The Adware:Win32/BetterSurf is recently discovered harmful application that is specifically designed to infect the computers using windows operating system. The Adware:Win32/BetterSurf is classified as a dangerous adware program that enters in the system without your permission. As soon as this nasty adware attack the system, it creates the executable files, and after settling down in the system, it creates other files in the different folders on your local hard drive. The hackers use this virus to increase traffic on some low ranked websites to make commissions from the affiliate sales, and pay per click programs. This adware is considered extremely annoying as it keeps sending the pop-up ads one screen of the infected computer regardless of the interest or browsing preferences of the user. This malicious application also performs fake scans to threaten you by showing numerous errors in the system. This lethal adware infection starts automatically every time you open the system, and keep performing its harmful activities in the background.
Removal of Adware:Win32/BetterSurf
The Adware:Win32/BetterSurf is an annoying adware infection that is required to be removed as soon as you found it. For the novice or average computer user, it is necessary to take the help of any reliable automatic removal tool. The manual removal method is also available for the experienced computer users that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can execute the manual removal method only when the system is working in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the computer and access the boot options menu by striking the F8 key repeatedly. Once you are able to see the list of boot options on the screen, choose the Safe Mode, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to start the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is accessed, you have to select the processes tab and remove the following associated processes of the Adware:Win32/BetterSurf:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the associated processes, you have to get rid of the following suspicious files from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to delete the malicious entries created by the Adware:Win32/BetterSurf in the windows registry. Open the registry editor by clicking on the Start Menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following suspicious entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware:Win32/BetterSurf\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware:Win32/BetterSurf\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware:Win32/BetterSurf\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware:Win32/BetterSurf\DisplayName Adware:Win32/BetterSurf
Do not forget to reboot the computer in the normal mode to see if the virus is removed successfully or still available. Run a complete system scan through any updated antivirus software.