The Adware:win32/adpeak is a malicious application discovered recently, and categorized as a nasty adware infection. The Adware:win32/adpeak is developed by the international hackers to achieve their illegal objectives, and gain the monetary benefits. This nasty adware can infect browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer, and it mostly installed as browser helper object. Mostly this malicious application attacks the computers when the user downloads free software from an unknown source. Once it slips in the system, it tracks your online behaviors wisely, access your important details like credit card numbers, and passwords. All this information is then transferred to the cyber crooks that use it in cyber crimes, and financial frauds. This dangerous adware is responsible of displaying tons of pop-up alerts, and fake messages on the screen due to which you are unable to perform anything on your system.
Removal of Adware:win32/adpeak
The Adware:win32/adpeak is a malicious application that is required to be removed as soon as you confirm its presence in order to minimize the loss. You can use the automatic tools to delete this virus completely from your system within no time. On the other hand, the manual removal of the Adware:win32/adpeak is also available for the advanced level computer users. The details of the manual removal process are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is extremely important that you boot the computer in the safe mode to start the manual removal process. Restart the system, and, strike the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu on the screen. After accessing the boot options, select the Safe Mode by striking the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to remove the processes associated with this adware program to proceed in the manual removal efforts. In this regard, you need to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background of your system, and delete the following corrupt processes from the system before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to remove the following malicious files associated with the Adware:win32/adpeak by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Adware:win32/adpeak.lnk
- %Programs%\ Adware:win32/adpeak\ Adware:win32/adpeak.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box before pressing the OK button to access the registry editor. Delete the following corrupt entries associated with the Adware:win32/adpeak from the windows registry, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Adware:win32/adpeak\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Adware:win32/adpeak
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Adware:win32/adpeak\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Adware:win32/adpeak\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Adware:win32/adpeak\DisplayName Adware:win32/adpeak
You have to restart the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have removed the virus manually, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus software.